After a much needed few days in bed resting my poor little immune system back to health, I am back to blogging more frequently, yay! I bloomin’ hate being poorly and cannot stay in bed comfortably doing nothing for hours on end without driving myself up the wall so I am glad to be better and finally getting back into my little routine and caring for my lovely little piece of internet space again.
I was kindly nominated for the Liebster award by the lovely Sophie from http://petalsofperfection.blogspot.co.uk/ and unicorn girl from http://unicorngirl2000.blogspot.co.uk/ both great blogs that you should check out.
So without further ado here are the questions I was asked.
1. If you could marry one celeb who would it be and why?
I would have to say Ryan Gosling cause he seems like a nice and funny guy, plus those abs, have you seen Crazy, Stupid Love if not you have to watch it just for his abs.
2. What is your favorite makeup brand?
Very tough choice this one, I’m gonna have to go with benefit cosmetics as I use quite a lot of their stuff daily, not sure I could cope without their brow products and mascara.
3. What would you do if you won £1 million.
I don’t think I would do anything that crazy, probably buy myself a nice flat in Edinburgh, treat my parents to a holiday or whatever they wanted. I would buy a nice classic handbag that I could use for any occasion either Prada or Chanel and I would save the rest.
4. What is my favorite clothes shop?
I think it would be H&M as I can get everything I need from there. I can never seem to pop in without seeing something I want whether it’s clothes or jewelry to accessories.
5. Lip gloss or Lipstick and why?
Definitely lipstick as I don’t really wear much gloss, I don’t really like the texture of most glosses I find them too sticky plus the weather in Scotland tends to just cause your hair to stick to your face lol
6. Dogs or Cats?
Im totally a cat person, i think I prefer how independent they are in comparison to dogs. You can just leave them to get on with it where as I think with dogs you have to look after them more which I’m not sure I would have enough time for since with two jobs i’m never home.
7. Marmite…Love or Hate?
I can’t stand it, don’t understand how anyone can eat it.
8. Favorite band/musician?
At the moment it’s Ed Sheeran, I constantly have his CD playing in the car and I’m still not sick of it.
9. What would you name your son/daughter?
Well it would have to depend on their last name but I have always liked Darcy for a Girl and William for a boy, I like quite classic names.
10. Would you rather be freezing cold or boiling hot?
I think too cold, I don’t really like the heat. I think growing up in Scotland has made my body reject the heat so anytime I go on holiday I just moan that I’m too hot.
11. Who is your all time fave blogger?
I quite like the Sunday Girl, the pictures are amazing and whenever I see her in my feed with a new post I can’t stop myself reading.
The blogs I nominate are:
♥ MY QUESTIONS ♥
1) If you could pick a dessert to represent you, which one would you pick and why?
2) What is your favourite holiday or time of the year?
3) What is one beauty/ makeup item you cannot live without?
4)What was your favourite memory of 2014?
5) What is one of your pet peeves and why?
6) If you could live in another country other than your own what would it be?
7)What are you looking forward to the most this year?
8) What is your favourite Taylor Swift song?
9) What is your favourite sport?
10) If you were a super hero, what powers would you have?
11) What are three of your style icons?
Pass on the love ♥
I ran a warm bath and dropped the entire bath bomb into the water. It instantly started foaming up and fizzing around and tiny chunks of coca butter were released and then dissolved into the water.
1. Coconut oil is a GODSEND for dry/damaged hair.
2. Apply a thin layer of glue underneath glitter nail varnish for easy peasy peel removal.
3. Baby shampoo is a fantastic brush cleaner.
4. Anyone can contour!
5. I’m not the only one who leaves makeup on overnight (sometimes!)
6. The #bbloggers chats are full of useful tips and friendly bloggers.
7. A good highlighter can hide dark circles.
8. A good camera is really important. Getting accurate and clear photographs, especially swatches of makeup, is impossible without a decent cam unfortunately.
9. Checking out some reviews of a product can help you decide before you buy.
10. Finding blogs you love can inspire you so much, and help your own blog.
I’ve learned a lot more and I’m sure I will continue to for as long as I keep blogging.
What tips/things have you guys realised since you started blogging?
This was my first try at these cookies and they turned out really well! The recipe is super easy and the cookies are so delicious! I love the combination of white chocolate and orange!
Makes 12 cookies –
75g Granulated Sugar
75g Light Muscavado Sugar
175 Self Raising Flour
100g White Chocolate Chips
Zest of 2 Oranges
1. Grease and line 2 baking sheets, preheat the oven to 180 degrees C/Gas Mark 4.
2. Cream the butter and sugars until light and fluffy, then beat in the egg.
3. Fold in the flour, chocolate chips and orange zest. Place large teaspoons of the mixture on the baking sheets, allowing room for them to spread, bake for 12 minutes.
4. Cool on the baking sheets for a couple of minutes before transferring to a wire rack to finish cooling.
Hi everyone, today’s post is bound to be like one you’ve seen a million times, it’s a Christmas Lush Haul! The Christmas range from Lush is my absolute favourite, so while they’re available I like to stock up! I only went for bath products, but they’re by far my favourite types of products to buy from Lush, lets get onto what I picked up!
Starting off with Bath Melts, I bought The Melting Snowman, it’s so cute I couldn’t resist! He’s made from almond oil and cocoa butter so he makes your skin feel super soft. Then I picked up Star Light, Star Bright, this one is scented with ginger and lime and completely smothered in glitter!
Next up Bath Bombs, I picked up the Luxury Lush Pud, I’m obsessed with the colours in this one, it smells like ylang ylang and lavender. I also picked up the Butterbear. This little guy is the same as Butterball but in a little bear shape, made with cocoa butter and scented with vanilla make him super creamy.
Onto Bubble Bars, I bought Holly Golightly, I think this one looks amazing, definitely has the wow factor, it’s gorgeously spicy scented, again covered in glitter and creates loads of green bubbles! Next I picked up The Christmas Hedgehog, he’s the sweetest little thing! Scented with rose and ylang ylang, this fella is so cute! Another cute little guy is the Christmas Penguin, he smells like lemon and mandarin and was too precious to leave on the shelf! Finally I picked up one of my all time faves, Candy Mountain, it smells super sweet like Snow Angel and creates a ton of pink bubbles, what more could a girl want?!
What have you picked up from the Lush sale?
As a huuuuge fan of all Benefit cosmetics, I’ve been eyeing up the Lollitint for a little while now – and finally invested! 🙂
I’m never usually disappointed with Benefit and this product was no exception, thankfully. This candy- orchid lip and cheek stain is priced at £24.50, a little pricey but it goes a long way.
Now I have quite a fair skinned complexion, and this looks lovely and rosy on my own cheeks. Plus you can control how much you use of course, so it’s quite versatile. I have seen it on darker skin too anyway, which looks amazing. So it does seem to compliment quite a range of skin types, but I would try a tester before buying, just to be sure.
My own little tip for wearing this on your cheeks would be apply it quickly! It really does stain in the one spot you’ve popped it on, so rub it in straight away in a circling motion. A trick I also like to use is applying a little to a fluffy brush and buffing it onto the cheeks.
Now as for wearing it on your lips, it seems fine. As I’ve said, it’s a lovely little tint and doesn’t feel heavy. But to be honest I would probably stick to using this on my cheeks for myself, as I have a lot of other lip products I adore. It’s still an awesome product in my opinion though, even as just a cheek stain.
Try it yourselves though if you get the chance, and let me know!
Have you used this? Do you love/hate it?
Feel free to leave some comments, and remember to subscribe! 🙂